Commercial Real Estate Disputes
Our Real Estate Disputes Resolution team offers expert advice and legal assistance to businesses which encounter issues arising out of the ownership, control, management, acquisition or disposal of freehold and leasehold Real Estate, and all of the rights and obligations associated with real estate.
We deal with every aspect of landlord and tenant law, as well as development, planning, construction, mortgage issues, and rent and service charge collections. We are known for our expertise in leasehold and freehold enfranchisement law, and appear regularly for business landlords and commercial tenants (and collectives of tenants) in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and Upper Tribunal.
Our business clients include small and medium-sized enterprises, tenant owned companies and associations, overseas investors, national portfolio owning companies, large-scale developers, and multi-national corporations.
Our objective is to provide our clients with a coherent explanation of the law and comprehensive advice relevant to their particular circumstances. We aim to deliver practical and cost-effective solutions to the management and resolution of disputes, where possible without recourse to the Courts, and to eliminate or manage risk effectively and proportionately.
We offer alternative funding arrangements where the circumstances are appropriate. The principal areas we cover are:
- Business tenancies, renewals and dilapidations
- Freehold and leasehold enfranchisement
- Misrepresentation and mis-selling of Real Estate
- Disputes over shared ownership of Real Estate and related revenue
- Breaches of contract, covenant, nuisance and negligence
- Tenants right of first refusal
- Service charge challenges
- Mismanagement, misappropriation, right to manage, appointment of managers
- Variation of covenants and easements
- Rights of light