Richard joined Seddons in September 2019 as a Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution team. Prior to joining us, Richard worked and qualified at Keystone Law in London.
Richard has acted for domestic and international clients (both individual and corporate) across a variety of disputes in the county courts, High Court, and the Court of Appeal. He is a firm believer in resolving disputes commercially at an early stage wherever possible, and is committed to providing a thorough and effective service for his clients.
Richard has an interest in privacy law and assists the Corporate Department when GDPR issues become contentious. He is also involved in the provision of UK GDPR Representatives services to our clients who are not based in the UK but process the personal data of UK citizens.
- Acted for an agricultural finance provider attempting to recover c. £7m due under various loan agreements.
- Represented a client in a High Court breach of trust claim arising from the disputed ownership of Spanish timeshare property.
- Responsible for the service of a High Court claim worth c. £250,000 on a high-profile music artist in the United States and subsequently obtaining judgement against them.
- Acted for a recruitment agency client in a £50,000 claim for breach of contract.
- Supported a client in their defence of a claim (and their counterclaim worth c. £300,000) relating to a contractual dispute at a barristers’ chambers.
- Advised various clients at a number of successful mediations.
- 2019 – Present | Seddons, Solicitor
- 2013 – 2019 | Keystone Law, Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor and Solicitor
- 2011 – 2013 | Weightmans, Paralegal
- 2010 – 2011 | Berrymans Lace Mawer, Paralegal
- 2006 – 2010 | University of Northumbria, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, LLB Hons (Exempting)
Recent articles by Richard
Dispute Resolution Solicitor Richard Raban-Williams discusses an example of the impact that Covid-19 has had on insurance coverage.Read now
Richard Raban-Williams has been quoted by City AM on the news that Mastercard has lost a 14bn GBP class action ruling in the UK Supreme Court.Read now
Solicitor Richard Raban-Williams discusses the impact of Covid-19 on businesses, and the possible implications for insurance policyholders.Read now