Learning and Development ManagerAs part of our continued growth, Seddons is recruiting an experienced Learning and Development Manager to join our firm.
Working with the HR team, you will focus on creating and implementing a cohesive learning and development culture for our employees and partners. This is a hands-on role that will give you direct contact with all levels of staff in the office. Your key goal will be to increase engagement, develop strong and robust promotion opportunities, and to assist the firm to grow and meet its business goals.
The ideal candidate will have an L&D background based in legal services, providing valuable insight and guidance for L&D processes within the legal market. You will be responsible for: creating a clear system for staff feedback, defining career paths, management of training arrangements, providing guidance to managers on ad hoc development needs and management of the trainee programme.
You will be familiar with the SRA requirements with regards to lawyers, in particular with compliance and competence. Whilst it is not expected to be a key part of the role, you must be comfortable running small training sessions and speaking directly with senior lawyers regarding their needs.
- Create a strong and creative system of learning and development that blends interactive online and traditional training methods that cover all areas of practice development, including technical training, soft skills, regulatory/compulsory training (the Learning and Development Plan).
- Introduce a full working LMS that will enable delivery of the Learning and Development Plan
- Properly document compliance with the SRA Competency requirements
- Identify key objectives for each level of position that clearly define expectations of the role and allow the firm to differentiate ourselves from our competitors
- Create a leaning and development programme, tailored to each level of the firm, that covers standard and current business needs, for example management development, legal developments, staff management skills, BD skills, client management etc
- Create and implement a full induction programme, suitable for the level/role
- Review the current IT training programme and review the benefits of this for continued future use, engaging external support/training as required
- Assist with creating a knowledge sharing process to ensure training knowledge is passed on to relevant team members
- Set up a formal appraisals programme and ensure uptake across the firm
- Conduct full annual training needs analysis
- Manage our library services, and particularly the training add-ons offered through these services, and ensure that our lawyers are fully utilising these services
- Manage the training and development (including seat management) of trainee solicitors
- Update senior stakeholders regarding L&D matters.
For more information on this position, please contact Louise Pye at Seddons. Applications with full CV and covering letter to Louise Pye, Head of HR at email@example.com using the reference LD2021.